The PSTET 2023 Notification was published by the Punjab State Council of Educational Research and Training on February 17, 2023. Applicants interested in applying for Paper I or II of the Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 may visit the official website at https://www.pstet2023.org/ between February 18 and February 28, 2023, to register.
PSTET 2023 Notification
Applicants must first pass the Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 if they wish to be hired as primary teachers in Punjab. The PSTET 2023 Test Date has been formally declared as March 12, 2023, by the Punjab State Council of Educational Research and Training. Any qualified and interested candidates may apply online before or on the deadline to register for Paper I or Paper II of the Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Examination.
On February 18, 2023, the PSTET official website posted the 2023 notification. Information on eligibility requirements, application procedures, exam formats, and curriculum are all included in the PSTET 2023 notice. The PSTET 2023 Notification states that the last date to register online for the TET is 28th February 2023. For more updates, any interested candidates should regularly check this article or the official website.
|Exam Name||Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (PSTET)|
|Exam Conducting Body||Punjab School Education Board (PSEB)|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Mode||Conventional (pen and paper)|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Notification Release Date||17 February 2023|
|Registration Dates||18 to 28 February 2023|
|Admit Card||March 2023 (1st Week)|
|Examination||12 March 2023|
|PSTET 2023 Notification||https://www.pstet2023.org/Advertisement.pdf|
|PSTET 2023 Registration||https://www.pstet2023.org/RegisterEmailIDwithOTPNew.aspx|
PSTET 2023 Notification Exam date
The PSTET 2023 Notification has also been made public, along with the PSTET test date 2023. Applicants may register for the PSTET 2023 Test if they are interested in teaching positions in public or private schools. On March 12, 2023, exams will be given throughout the State in each district.
There are two papers in the PSTET exam: Paper I and Paper II. Those who are interested in becoming eligible for primary teaching positions should take Paper-I. Applicants must submit an application for Paper II in order to be considered for upper primary teaching positions. If the candidates want to teach both levels, they may apply for both papers.
PSTET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following lists the requirements for PSTET 2023 Paper I and II eligibility in terms of educational background and age restriction.
Primary Teacher (Paper-I) and Upper Primary Teacher are the two levels of positions that can be applied for under the PSTET test 2023. (Paper-II). Applicants can view the detailed PSTET exam eligibility requirements by skimming the below table.
Paper 1: Class 1st to 5th (Primary)
- Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least a 50% grade point average and passed or scheduled to appear in the final year of the two-year Elementary Education Diploma program.
- Secondary (or its equivalent) with at least 45% of the grade point average and passed or enrolled in the final year of a two-year elementary education diploma, as determined by the NCTE.
- passing the final year of a four-year Bachelor of Elementary Education program with at least a 50% grade point average in Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) (B.El.Ed).
- Passed or scheduled to take the last year of the two-year Diploma in Education (Special Education) with at least a 50% grade point average in Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent).
- Applicants for becoming Teachers for Grades I–V: Primary Stage must have “Graduation with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Education (B.Ed).” Within two years of being hired as a primary teacher, such Applicants are required to complete a six-month Bridge Course in Primary Education approved by the NCTE.
Paper 2: Class 6th to 8th (Upper Primary)
- passing the last year of the two-year Elementary Education Diploma program and graduating.
- passing or enrolling in a one-year Bachelor of Education program after graduating with at least 50% of the required grades (B.Ed).
- passing or enrolling in a 1-year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed) program, as defined by the NCTE, with a minimum GPA of 45% (Recognition Norms and Procedure).
- Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent) with at least 50% of the required marks, passed or scheduled to appear in the last year of a four-year elementary education degree program (B.El.Ed).
- Passed or scheduled to take the final year of a four-year B.A./B.Sc.Ed or B.A.Ed/B.Sc.Ed program with at least a 50% grade point average in Senior Secondary (or it’s equivalent).
- a degree with at least a 50% average and passing or enrolling in a one-year B.Ed (Special Education).
- Any candidate who has completed a B.Ed. the program that has been approved by the NCTE is qualified to sit for the TET exam.
How to Fill Punjab TET Application Form 2023
- The first and most important step in filling out a PTET application is to go to the association’s official website, pstet.pseb.ac.in.
- You must click “New Registration & Applicant Login” on the home page.
- After then, you must register by clicking the registration link.
- Following this, the candidate must select the option to continue, at which point a new page requiring the completion of all the details will open.
- Now that the candidate has selected the Register Me option, a new window containing the login information will open; the candidate must store these details safely for future use.
- Following PSTET registration, a new login page where the candidate has provided his or her login information will open.
- The candidate must enter the required general information, such as the parent’s name, gender, email address, etc., after logging into PSTET.
- After entering all the information, a page with the option to upload your signature and photo will display as seen below.
- A second window for payment will open after the applicant completes the application, and this is where the applicant must pay the application fee (through challan)
- The application procedure will be finished as soon as the fee is received.
- Once the process is complete, you must double-check the information before pressing the “Submit” button.
- Take a physical copy of the completed application as well; you’ll need it later.
PSTET 2023 Application Fee
In order to apply online for PSTET 2023, a candidate must pay Rs. 1000 online for each Paper, i.e., applicants who want to appear in papers I and II of the Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test 2023 must pay Rs. 2000/-.
PSTET 2023 Exam Pattern
A total of 150 multiple-choice questions (MCQs) from various areas are likely to be asked throughout the exam, which will likely be conducted offline. Applicants should be aware that each question is worth one mark, and an incorrect response will not result in a loss of score. Go over the tabulated information to learn more about it.
|1||Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|1||Child Development & Pedagogy||30||30|
|4||Mathematics & Science OR Social Studies & Social Science||60||60|
Applicants who plan to take the PSTET in 2023 should be aware that the qualifying marks for General and OBC/SC/ST are 60% or 90 marks, and 55%, or 84 marks, respectively. A TET e-certificate will be given to those who are able to get at least the required marks.
Make sure to read the NCTE-mandated educational requirements and eligibility requirements before submitting an online application for Paper I or II of PSTET 2023 by downloading the official PSTET 2023 Notification. Tap here for more Rajneetug.