Exams for KEAM 2023 will be administered offline at various designated exam centers. Exam dates will be announced on the official website (cee.kerala.gov.in) by the authorities. KEAM 2023 exam pattern will be released along with the official notification by the Commissioner of Entrance Examination, Kerala. As part of the KEAM examination, candidates seeking admission to engineering colleges in Kerala are required to write two papers. Learn more below in detail.
KEAM 2023 exam pattern
Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are all part of the keam curriculum. The KEAM 2023 syllabus and previous year question papers are also available for candidates to use for their preparation. Students who are familiar with the KEAM syllabus 2023 will be able to divide their time between topics that are difficult, mediocre, and easy. It is recommended that students check the KEAM 2023 exam pattern along with the syllabus. Later, the KEAM 2023 Exam Date will be announced.
Physicists and chemists answer questions in Paper I, while mathematicians answer questions in Paper II. For the state-level entrance examinations, topics taught in Classes XI and XII will be covered.
- KEAM 2023 Notification
- KEAM 2023 exam date
- KEAM 2023 Answer Key
Learn more about the KEAM paper pattern, including the test pattern, instructions for marking the OMR responses, and more, by reading the article.
|Exam name||Kerala Engineering Architecture Medical|
|Number of papers||Paper 1 – Physics and Chemistry
Paper 2 – Mathematics
|KEAM question paper type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Total no. of questions per paper||120 (in each paper)|
|Marks given for correct answer||+4|
|Marks deducted for the wrong answers||-1|
|Total marks per paper||480 (each paper)|
|Frequency of the paper||Once a year|
|Total exam duration for each paper||2 Hours 30 Minutes i.e., 150 minutes|
|Medium of language||English|
A quick look above at the KEAM exam pattern above shows that the exam is divided into three sections: Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry. Two papers are divided into these three sections. Applicants who wish to get engineering admission based on KEAM scores must appear for both papers. In this way, both papers are given the same weightage.
KEAM 2023 exam
A few key points regarding the papers that candidates will be required to write in the test are as follows: Below is the exam pattern for KEAM 2023:
- A KEAM examination for engineering admission has been divided into two parts by the Kerala Council of Engineering Examinations (CEE). In KEAM 2023, candidates are required to take both papers.
- Paper-I and Paper-II are the two categories of papers in KEAM. In these two papers, three subjects are covered. Physical Science and Chemistry will comprise Paper-1 and Mathematics will comprise Paper-2.
- Exams will only be conducted offline.
- There will be duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes for each paper.
- Exam questions will be of the objective type and multiple choices.
- The total number of questions in each paper will be 120.
Let us look at the number of questions and marks in the KEAM 2023 exam.
|Paper||Subject||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Paper 1||Physics and Chemistry||120||120×4=480|
Mode of Examination
The points below provide information on the manner in which the examination will be conducted for candidates.
- KEAM is conducted by CEE, Kerala in offline mode.
- The KEAM answer sheet is marked with the optical mark recognition system (OMR).
- Candidates must know how to mark the answers on the OMR sheet.
- The KEAM examination may result in negative marking if the answers are incorrectly marked on the OMR sheet.
- Candidates may practice the past year’s question paper and review the answer sheet layout so that they can learn how to mark the answers in the OMR sheet, which is administered in offline mode.
Important Points to Note to remember in KEAM 2023 Exam
The following points are crucial to the examination and should be noted by candidates.
- There are two papers in the KEAM examination. In Paper 1, you will take Physics and Chemistry, and in Paper 2, you will take Mathematics. Separate papers are conducted for each paper.
- However, unlike marks and question distribution, the duration of the papers is also similar.
- There are 150 minutes or two and a half hours between Paper I and Paper II.
- All 120 questions must be answered within the time limit on the one paper.
- Correct answers will receive +4 marks, while incorrect answers will receive -1.
- Those who take CEE Kerala examinations are required to meet the same challenging standards as those who take exams equivalent to high school.
- In all sections of the KEAM exam, the syllabus is similar to that of the higher secondary school.
- The syllabus for KEAM 2023 must be well known to candidates who are applying for the exam.